A Mind of Their Own – Glasgow. If you’re a dad, mum, grandparent or anyone wanting to help children build strong emotional wellbeing, join us for this popular event.
WhereC7 Conference Centre 100 High Craighall Road Glasgow G4 9UD
When20 June 2024 7:30 - 10pm BST
CostTicket: £6 early bird or £11 after 14th March
About the Event
If you’re a dad, mum, grandparent or anyone wanting to help children build strong emotional wellbeing, join us for this popular event.
Date and time
C7 Conference Centre
100 High Craighall Road Glasgow G4 9UD
About this event
You’ll leave with:
- Tools to help your child build resilience that enables them to bounce back from challenges and bounce forward in emotional strength, character and development
- An understanding that negative thought patterns can in fact be changed for more positive brain pathways, helping your child to deal with failure well
- An appreciation of how vital your child’s identity is and strategies to help them become confident in it
- Ways to talk to your child about positive body image
Anxiety levels and struggles with mental health are on the rise in children and young people, and as mums and dads, this can feel overwhelming … even at times debilitating. But there’s good news! You, as parents, have incredible power to help your children build strong emotional resilience and healthy mental wellbeing.
A Mind of Their Own is packed with simple and effective strategies for you to use at home, helping you to better understand what’s going on in your child’s head. Together with Katharine Hill and Sim Dendy, we’ll explore the science of the mind, and why children act and react the way they do.
Featuring interviews with mental health professionals, Dr Rob Waller and Dr Kate Middleton, this event will expand your understanding of the unique pressures and opportunities facing young people today, so you can help your child develop an emotional resiliency that lasts.
- Early bird tickets are £6 (up to and including 14 March 2024).
- Standard tickets are £11.
- Booking for 3 or more? Take advantage of the group ticket rate of £8 each!
- We never want money to stop anyone from accessing our events. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are able to offer some complimentary tickets. If this would enable you to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d love to help.
- The event will start at 7.30pm and finish at 10.00pm.
- Doors open at 7.00pm.
- Bookings are made through Eventbrite.
- Alternatively, feel free to call us on 029 2081 0800 and the team would be glad to help you with your booking.
- Please note we do not have facilities to accommodate babies and young children at this event.
- Care for the Family is built on Christian principles, but we want our events and resources to be accessible to everyone. This event does not contain any faith-specific content.
- Please note this event is not suitable for children.
- By Car: There is an car park on site and nearby street parking.
- By Bus: Speirs Wharf bus stop is just a couple of minutes from the centre, serving bus number 128.
- By Rail: C7 is a 15 minute walk from Glasgow Queen Street Station.