Disability Inclusion In Our Churches
WhereBarclay Viewforth Church, Edinburgh, EH10 4HR
When29 February 2020 11:00 - 16:00
CostTicket: £10 (£7.50 each if you book for two or more attendees)
About the Event
During February and March Through the Roof will be holding four events across the UK to encourage churches to take a step further towards disability inclusion.
Disability inclusion in churches is more than ramps and accessible toilets… it’s about belonging, feeling valued and being able to contribute.
These events will include real-life stories from disabled people and encourage more stories to be told. Jesus is working in and through the lives of disabled people – let’s spread the message of the importance of disability inclusion throughout our churches.
There will be British Sign Language interpreters at all events.
Come along and bring people from your church
- Discover new ideas and resources
- Hear inspiring real-life stories from disabled people
- Share in an inclusive experience
- Contribute your perspective to encourage others
- anyone with a desire to see churches more welcoming and inclusive for disabled people
- anyone with welcoming, pastoral or leadership responsibilities in church life
- disabled people who would like to encourage others
- existing ‘Roofbreakers’
- anyone interested in becoming a ‘Roofbreaker’ (disability champion) within their church
We really want to encourage more people to become Roofbreakers in your churches so we will be giving the ‘Be a Roofbreaker’ publication (worth £5) to any Roofbreakers attending, or anyone who signs-up on the day. Please think about becoming a Roofbreaker yourself, or encouraging someone at your church to do so. Information and ongoing support will be provided by Through the Roof and through networks of Roofbreakers. Let’s work together to make churches more welcoming and inclusive for disabled people.
For more information, or to order over the phone, contact us at 01372 749955 or email Jan at Through the Roof. Refreshments provided, but please bring your own lunch.