Approaching the Mystery: Physics, Cosmology, Theology
WherePeebles Hydro, Innerleithen Road, Peebles, EH45 8LX
When15 January 2018 18:30
CostTicket: £25 (Accommodation should be booked directly with the hotel )
About the Event
Top experts and academics in their field examine the interface between Physics, Cosmology and Theology in the relaxed but simultaneously stimulating atmosphere of the Scottish Church Theology Society Annual Conference.
SCTS look forward to welcoming you to the Peebles Hydro Hotel from the evening of the 15th of January until breakfast on the 18th January 2018.
The speakers include;
- Prof Tom McLeish (Durham) – Faith and Wisdom in Science
- Dr Robin Green (Glasgow) – From Newton to Einstein
- Dr Mark Harris (Edinburgh) – God’s Particles
- Dr Christine Done (Durham) – Black Holes and the Big Bang
- Dr Christopher Knight (Cambridge) – Cosmology and Incarnation
- Prof David Fergusson (Edinburgh) – The Faith-Science Dialogue
The cost is in two parts:
The hotel cost which includes Dinner, Bed and Breakfast (this must be paid directly to the hotel on booking):
- Single Room £135
- Double Room Sole occupancy £180
- Double Room Double Occupancy £270
In addition there is the conference element which is paid to the society, an initial payment of £25 on booking and a further £25 per person per day. This includes a soup and sandwich lunch.
The Scottish Church Theology Society was formed in 1943. Its objectives are to encourage the study of theology in Scotland, to encourage ministers to continue their theological study, to apply theology to the understanding of the issues of our time, and to help churches in Scotland take theology seriously. Membership is open to individuals over 16, or other organisations in sympathy with the objects of the Society.
Any further information can be had from The Scottish Church Theology Society secretary, Rev Alec Shuttleworth.