Title of Post: Strategic Development Partner
Responsible to: This is a Ministries Council Appointment but you will be responsible to the Clerk to the Presbytery of Glasgow in the first instance.
Date: October 2018
Main Purpose of post:
- To work closely with Committees and Congregations to develop strategies to support a sustainable future for the Church of Scotland within the Presbytery of Glasgow.
- As part of the Presbytery Strategic Team, to work collaboratively with the Clerk to share good practice and provide focussed support, where required, in order that congregations might feel inspired, supported and enabled.
- To pro-actively work to embed a culture of openness, welcome, mutual support and creativity across Presbytery Committees that enables congregations to be supported to be People of the Way
A full Job Description can be viewed HERE
Terms & Conditions
- The salary scale will be £29,985 – £32,663 per annum. The successful candidate will start at point 1 of a 5-point scale and move up the scale in annual increments thereafter.
- Normal hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week. The nature of the work calls for a degree of flexibility, thus hours of work, which are as agreed with the line manager, may vary from day to day and will involve some evening and weekend work.
- The post is based at the Presbytery Office, Bath Street, Glasgow.
- There are 5 weeks annual paid leave in each full holiday year which runs from 1 January to 31 December. Entitlement is based on full weeks worked. There are also 9 statutory holidays.
- Travel expenses by public transport or by use of own car at rates as agreed by your Employer and reviewed annually. Car mileage will be paid by the Employer in the first instance and re-claimed from the Presbytery on a quarterly basis.
Further information can be obtained from George Cowie, Presbytery Clerk: email@example.com or 0141 332 6606.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon Tuesday, 20th November 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 29th November 2018